Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Friday 4 May 2012

My Lady of the Spear


My inspirations as a little girl: Artemis and Pallas Athena. Today I'm going to get a tattoo of an Athenian coin high between my shoulder blades: just adding to the Greek theme of most of my tattoos. I don't have much to offer the gods except for my own skin, the only thing that is really and truly mine.
And yes, both are Virgin goddesses... such a shame, really, since they seem to want me to answer their sterile call and it feels like a kind of death. They are just gonna hafta understand that "virgin" just means "unmarried" and I can certainly do that for the rest of my life!!!!!!
I go through my days in a state of spiritual bankruptcy.... being raised in the midst of the Church did that, I think, plus a natural lack of the spiritual bone in my body. Give me intellect. Give me intuition. Emotions, yes. But Spirituality? Just missing, that's all....
so I pray to myself, and that's about the only Thing I believe in!
I hope the gods do come back... their stories are full of life and colour. Adventures and woes. Gods I can relate to. Gods that get hungry or angry or horny... that's my kind of religion!

this is the sketch for the tattoo:




this is the tattoo :)




No comments:

Post a Comment