Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Friday 4 November 2011

Artemis, Goddess Extraodinaire!


Artemis, Goddess of the Moon and the Hunt, is one of my favourite subjects to explore. I have this fun vision of her as a strong independant young lady, but I also see her as very saucy and flirty. Just because she is a "virgin" doesn't mean she doesn't know how to have a good time.... after all she tends to be surrounded by other beautiful young lady followers. The Greeks had a word or two for homosexuality but I'll bet Artemis kept her business to herself......
I drew this with graphite while listening to MIA's newest album MAYA, so I'm sure she's about to bounce off the page. Her hips seem to be wiggling to MIA's amazing beats. The music I listen to while drawing always effects my final desicions, unconsciously. Then I nailed down the contour with a felt pen and hit her with some acrylic ink and watercolour. And some China ink for her luxurious black locks.
All told this picture took about two and a half hours. It was an awesome way to spend a day off!
I drew this to impress a new friend of mine, who is also an artist.... what me show off? Never! ^.^

3 comments:

  1. I love what you write for these drawings. Makes a whole new appreciation for your work... Miss Joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual your drawings are fantastic !!!.

    ReplyDelete