Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Athena's Turn to Pose


It's been about two weeks since I last drew.... Ack! Too long! But in my defense I was super busy in all the best ways. In that two weeks I have changed and grown a wee bit... and lo and behold I found my style loosened up for some reason. I used my pencil like a paintbrush for this drawing. What you DON'T see is all the marks I've erased, like I've been using the eraser to push the graphite around on the page, sculpting it. I hit it with some ink for fun. Just for fun. 

I have no idea what I'm doing when I draw: it just kind of takes me over and pushes my hand around.

So this is Pallas Athena, in the flesh. The Parthenos, the Virgin. Ol' Grey-eyes Herself. She normally is more modest than this, I admit, but I seem to put my models at ease, even when I've just pictured them in my head ;) She has cast aside her armour and spear and Aegis and is just enjoying being a beautiful woman in her own beautiful skin. As we all should now and then.

I generally enjoy my own drawings! This one feels a bit rusty to me though, and I immediately see a million things I want to tweak, but Hey, it's my day off and I want to drink a beer and watch Breaking Bad and relax a bit... so that's what I'm going to do! I hope you enjoy it :D



2 comments: