Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Saturday 26 November 2011

Oh Deer....



Don't you wish, sometimes, that you could speak up for yourself a bit more? I love being a woman, yes... but I have a hard time seeing the power in it some days. Today I just feel kinda used and trampled on by life. We all have those days. I'm usually happy, but when my heart gets heavy I hit the paper and draw it out.
Some day I'd like to hold the bow and arrow, inflict the wounds. Have something to gut and chop up and eat for dinner, rather than feeling like dinner.
Agency. Without the deer there would be no hunter. I have to remember that little fact. There is power in being a woman.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment