Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Wednesday 15 June 2011

The Joy of Gesture Drawing


Gesture drawing...... 
The only time my mind is quiet is when I am drawing. Drawing so quickly and posing so dynamically is draining on both artist and model but invigorating, like going for a jog is. While I am drawing there is no thought in my head, no sound in the whole world that can reach me. I am a circle of energy flowing between eye, brain, arm, and hand. Never take your eyes off the subject for more than a few seconds. relax your f#&$!*g jaw. These are the only prompts from my otherwise silent computer brain.
The rest of the time my Gemini brain is yapping and yapping and yapping.....
I have a high I.Q. and graduated with a B.A. Honours in English long ago.... not sure why, with all my brains, I keep being sucked back to drawing again and again.....



No comments:

Post a Comment