Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Monday 6 June 2011

My Own First Tattoo - Late Bloomer it is!


Finding my husband's tattoo concept sketch made me nostalgic to dig out this one.... the concept drawing for my own first tattoo. I was one of those "I'll never get a tattoo!" people until I dreamed this up as a joke - with a banner that reads "Late Bloomer." I couldn't stop thinking about it. There are about seven sketches previous to this one, so I was really trying hard and struggling back before I was doing much art. My kids were still little and it was hard to find the energy. I hammered this out though....
The artist, Deano, was thrilled, and honoured that he was my first ;) He and James Tex liked that I wanted my first tattoo to be so big and flashy. Getting the tattoo was an amazing experience - painful, naturally, but I was amazed to find myself doing just fine after 4.5 hours in the chair. 
Here is a photo of the tattoo in situ, and me, and my brother......

1 comment:

  1. this blog title is very much a synchronicity for me I just bought two new cd's by ron sexsmith and sarah harmer both have songs titled late bloomer I feel I am a late bloomer too

    ReplyDelete