Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Saturday 4 June 2011

Miss Mercury


I was looking at a picture of my mother at age 22 just a few weeks ago, seeing so much of my own face. I began to draw this and my own face kinda blended in too.
I am a great lover of the Greek myths, and an avid reader of Roman poetry. Out of my infantile religiosity rises a respect for the god of my sun sign, Mercury. Many of my self-portraits portay me as wearing an aviator helmet, goggles, or a helmet of some sort. I adore being able to play out my fantasies and self-delusions with a pencil. Sculpt myself out of thin air, if you will. Inform my future.
I keep running away from being an artist, but it seems to have chosen me. So a smile through the tears. Thanks, Merc, for looking out for this silly Gemini girl ;)


Here, for example, is me in the aviator helmet and goggles I own, and the WWII nightshirt, enjoying my usual pastimes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment