Welcome to my blog!

Hello, I am a self-trained artist with a fun, dark sense of humour. Enjoy my work and the crazy impetus behind them!

Saturday 25 June 2011

"been down so long it looks like Up to me"



Sometimes, I feel low. I do not like the edgy, dark whorls of panic and anxiety that bubble up at times. How could they not, though? Being an artist is serious shit. You give give give of yourself and rarely ask for anything back. You hope that people will enjoy what you do but rarely enjoy it yourself. And you worry about the next meal, the next pint, the next pad of paper.
Sometimes, people get you down. Sometimes you feel like putting your head down and just giving the fuck up. Of course, I cannot do that. I got two kids and a job and people to see and shit to do. No time for lying down and crying. So I drew this at work yesterday, and felt a TINY bit better. Like I'd had a cry.
I came home to some unpleasantness, which happens from time to time.... and all I could say was "that's life." I had already done my drawing, and could not get upset.
Not all my art is nice, not all is pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah-Joy, I'm sorry you are struggling. Winston Churchill, who had "black dogs" following him as well, said"

    "If you're going through hell, keep going."

    Be strong, you'll get through this.

    ReplyDelete